Turner Behringer is seeking a Director of Property Management to manage our growing property management division. Do you or someone you know have the following skills? Refer them to Turner Behringer. We are growing a talented team of real estate professionals with a winning culture of excellence.
The qualified candidate would be equipped and experienced to accomplish the following.
- Participates as an active and contributing member of the Management Group and other sub-groups as appropriate.
- Maintains a constructive and highly interactive relationship with the other departments to maximize portfolio value and streamline reporting, including but not limited to:
- Creative and Leasing as these departments work to drive revenue
- Risk Management on insurance, crisis preparedness and crisis avoidance matters;
- Legal Department on employment and other legal matters at the property level;
- Accounting on budgeting, monthly and annual reporting, re-forecasts, CAM Reconciliations, etc.
- Assists in the establishment and implementation of Company organizational strategies, goals and objectives to ensure efficient operations.
- Create and implement a Company Property Management Manual that establishes standardized policies and procedures and Best Practices applicable to each project and the organization as a whole.
- Works with the property managers, and creative/leasing teams to establish written goals and objectives relative to properties.
- Establishes written objectives/strategies with individual property managers relative to each property management offices.
- Provides guidance and motivates property managers to obtain results, both at the property level and at the management office.
- Monitors all of the above to ensure consistency with expectations.
- Provides orientation and initial training of property managers.
- Trains property managers on Company policies and procedures, Best Practices.
- Ensures that all employee training needs are assessed, and necessary training programs are designed and implemented to meet staff requirements.
- Evaluates and approves any outside training for property managers.
- Be aware of all material property management issues.
- Through continuous periodic property visits/property inspections and quarterly review meetings, assesses and communicates property manager performance
- In accordance with Company’s policies, reviews all established goals and objectives with property managers in a timely manner.
- Evaluates property managers and recommends areas for improvement.
- Makes annual salary recommendations based on overall performance ratings for property managers, and reviews
- Effectively communicates in both verbal and written format.
- Conveys essential information concisely and in a timely manner throughout the organization, as appropriate.
- Facilitates clear and concise communication by property managers directly to asset management and senior management, and vice versa.
- As appropriate, assists and supports firm marketing efforts and senior managers in effectively communicating with Company’s current and prospective partners/tenants.
- Attend Tuesday Management meeting with updates
- Meet with property owners to discuss property management
- Finding and building relationships with key members in the community
- Involved in acquisitions of new properties and the disposition of stabilized properties
Real Estate Expertise
- Supports the property managers and creative/leasing professionals in the accomplishment of their goals and objectives though the application of proven real estate expertise.
- Provides continuing training to the property managers by sharing this real estate knowledge.
- Supports and assists property managers in negotiating significant leases, major service contracts, and solving property operating issues.
- Have valid Texas Real Estate license
- Understand and have experience in Commercial Real Estate
- Coordinate and implement annual tenant surveys and evaluate the results.
- In addition, maintains relationships with key tenants.
- Effectively manages and leads property managers.
- Ensures that the property management office is properly staffed and is operating effectively.
- Works closely with property management administration professionals in the implementation of Company’s policies and procedures, Best Practices.
- Ensures regulatory and local law compliance.
- Reviews and approves the annual budgets for the property management offices and individual properties
- Monitors the property managers’ performance
- Supports the property managers in their efforts to manage operating expenses and major delinquency problems.
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure all reporting is done on a timely basis.
- Be involved in the fall and spring reforecast (budgets) process, ensuring timelines are met and accuracy and standardization in reporting
This is a full time role, on-site at the Turner Behringer offices.
For more information or to apply click below.